A little spark kindles a great fire.以下是小编为大家搜索整理的商业托福考试中级考前精选复习材料，希望能给大家带来帮助!更多精彩内容请及时关注我们应届毕业生考试网!
Read the following text.
Choose the best sentence from the list on page 52 to fill each of the gaps.
For each gap 8 12 mark one letter A I on your Answer Sheet.
Do not mark any letter twice.
The Cash-free Society
Imagine a society in which cash no longer exists, Instead, “ cash ” is electronic, as in bank-card Systems. Currency and coin are abandoned.
____ example ____ . Theft of cash would BECome impossible. Bank robberies and cash-register robberies would simply cease to occur ____ ( 8 ) ____ . Purse snatchings would become a thing of the past. Urban streets would become safer ____ ( 9 ) ____ . Security costs and insurance rates would fall. Property values would rise. Neighbourhoods would improve.
Drug traffickers and their clients, burglars and receives of stolen property, arsonists for hire, and bribe-takers would no longer have the advantage of using untraceable currency. ____ ( 10 ) ____ These prosecutions, in turn, would inhibit further crimes.
In a society devoid of physical money, a change from cash to recorded electronic money would be accompanied by a flow of previously unpaid income-tax revenues running in the tens of billions of dollars. ____ (11) ____
Cash has been the root of much social and economic evil. ____ (12)____ Eighty percent of Americans regularly use credit cards. The development of a federal system to handle the country’s 300 billion annual cash transactions in the United States electronically is within reach.
A. A national electronic-money system would operate as a debit-card system.
B. Retail shops in once dangerous areas could operate in safety.
C. As a result, income tax rates could be lowered or the national debt reduced.
D. The use of cash has diminished substantially since World War II.
E. Attacks on shopkeepers, taxi drivers, and cashiers would all end.
F. The emergence of electronic funds-transfer technology makes it possible to change the nature of money and to divorce it from evil.
G. Almost every present-day cash transaction can be duplicated electronically.
H. The immediate benefits would be profound and fundamental.
I. Electronic “money” would leave incriminating trails of data, resulting in more arrests and convictions.
答案：Questions 8 12: E, B, I, C, F
1. The old lady devoted her lifetime _______ the homeless children.
A. to help B. to helping C. helping D. for help
71. Tom: Would you like me to water your plants while you"re on your holiday?
A. No problem. I was more than glad to do it.
B. I appreciate it, but I"m already finished watering them.
C. Thanks for offering your help, but my brother"s going to do it.
D. Certainly watering plants is my favorite pastime.
2. --Don"t you think it"s going to rain over the weekend?
A. I don"t believe
B. I don"t believe it
C. I believe not so
D. I believe not
3. I knew I should not accept anything from such a person but I found it difficult to turn down his ___.
A. plan B. offer C. suggestion D. request
4. --Do you mind my taking this seat? --________.
A. Yes, sit down please B. No, of course not
C. Yes, take it please D. No, you can"t take it
5. How I envy you _______ your good luck!
A. in B. of C. to D. /
6. This event was rather unusual, ________?
A. is it B. isn"t it C. was it D. wasn"t it
7. We have _______ books in our library.
A. plenty of B. great many C. a great deal of D. great number of
8. The police saw the woman _______ a bus and _______ a taxi.
A. get off…get on B. get on…get off
C. get off…get into D. get on…get into
9. Do you mind ______ how you succeed?
A. if I go and see B. if I go seeing
C. my going and see D. my go to see
10. The boy would have died, _______ on him without delay.
A. if the doctor didn"t operate B. if the doctor wouldn"t operate
C. would the doctor not operate D. had the doctor not operated
11. Only when ______ in 1918, ______ happily back to work.
A. the war was over…he went B. was the war over…did he go
C. the war was over…did he go D. was the war over…he went
12. --Who telephoned just now?
--Sorry. I couldn"t ______ the voice.
A. recognize B. realize C. know D. understand
13. He had ______ in finding Mr. Green"s house.
A. many difficulties B. many difficulty
C. much difficulties D. much difficulty
14. I don"t want to _______ money on such books.
A. cost B. pay C. spend D. take
15. --Thank you for your help. --________.
A. All right B. That"s right C. You"re right D. That"s OK
16. The man is standing _______ his back _______ the fire.
A. with…to B. with…against C. on…for D. at…of
17. I looked everywhere in the house ______ a key that had been lost.
A. in searching for B. in search of
C. to search D. searching of
18. I insisted that he_______ at once.
A. leave B. left C. leaves D. leaving
19. When will you _______ me the money that was borrowed?
A. pay B. repay C. pay for D. repay for
20. "Do you have any clothes to ______, Tom?" mother asked.
A. wash B. washing C. be washed D. washed
21. You may use the book as you like, _______ you keep it clean.
A. unless B. so long C. as long D. so long as
22. He ________ the world record.
A. failed to break B. failed to breaking C. failed breaking D. failed broken
23. No ________ what you say, _______exists in three states.
A. matter…matters B. matter…matter
C. matters…matter D. matters…matters
24. I wonder what time lunch is_______ in your school.
A. given B. taken C. served D. eaten
925. The people in some countries ________ freedom.
A. longed B. long for C. longing D. longing for
26. I ______ all the bookshops in our town for the book I needed but I couldn"t get one.
A. hunted B. found C. looked for D. searched for
27. A piece of ______ music will make you happy.
A. fond B. pleased C. merry D. glad
28. --You seem to get lost. Need help?
A. Yes, would you please help me with the bag?
B. Help me find my key, please.
C. Yes, give me a hand, please.
D. I"m looking for Zhongshan Road.
29. --I must apologize for _______ ahead of time.
--That"s all right.
A. letting you not know B. not letting you know.
C. letting you know not D. letting not you know
30. The students are well _______ the exam. They are sure to get good marks.
A. prepared for B. ready for C. prepared D. preparing
31. Yesterday the president spoke on TV to the _______.
A. country B. nation C. land D. state
32. The nurse gave ________ the sweets to the children.
A. up B. off C. out D. in
33. Remember to______ a stamp on the envelope before you post it.
A. put B. place C. strike D. stick
34 John: Do you happen to have twenty dollars with you?
John: I want to buy a notebook.
A. How do you want it? B. How much?
C. What for? D. When can you pay me back?
35. After school was over the boys ________ their books and went home.
A. put in B. put aside C. put away D. put up
36. _______ went to see the film yesterday.
A. Every of them B. Both they
C. Nobody of them D. Not all of them
37. The higher the birds flew, _______ we could see them.
A. less clearly B. the less clearly
C. more clear D. more clearly
38. With her long beautiful hair gone _______ would be no use for the combs.
A. she B. they C. there D. it.
39. Joe: Why don"t you tell me a few things about your country?
A. Because I can"t tell you many things at a time
B. I"m afraid I can"t.
C. Sure. What in general are you interested in?
D. I don"t know anything about that.
40. --You look so worn-out!
--i lay ________ all the night.
A. woke B. awake C. slept D. asleep
41. When you ______ the book please return it to the library on time.
A. get through B. get along C. look through D. look up
42. Both the man and his horse ________ after the long ride.
A. gave out B. worn out C. tired out D. run out
43. You _______ last night, but you went to the concert.
A. must have studied B. might study
C. should have studied D. would study
44. Teacher: You can"t finish the book in less than an hour, I suppose?
A. Yes, I"m sure I can B. No, hardly
C. Sorry, I can"t D. I don"t think I can
45. Tom: My brother will be surprised when he opens this package I"m sending.
Jack: Why are you sending him a package?
A. It"s a new radio B. It"s his birthday
C. It"s very expensive D. It"s too late
146. "Have a nice weekend!"
A. The same to you B. You do too
C. The same as you D. You have it too
47. Joe: Are you taking some gifts with you when you return to America?
Dan: I"m planning to do so. Have you any suggestions?
A. I"m leaving tomorrow B. I"m taking a plane
C. Why don"t you buy some bamboo works? D. I posted them to America yesterday